We just got back from our 1st anniversary trip to Paris and mannnnn was it perfect! First off, it could not have come at a better time, between work, training and some tough family stuff going on we NEEDED a little getaway big time.
Paris was way more beautiful than I imagined it to be. It was like stepping into a movie and I will admit I may have watched Midnight in Paris a few too many times before our trip, but it seriously was magnificent. From the quaint cobblestone roads to the street corner bistros buzzing with people watchers morning, noon and night it was truly an experience. I feel kind of guilty saying this because Florence Italy has and will always hold the key to my heart but Paris is VERY high up there on the most magical cities list. Here is a list of my top 10 favorite things:
1) It was SO romantic. Between the love lock bridge, candlelit brasseries, champagne for days and midnight strolls along the Seine it’s no wonder everywhere you turn people are cuddling up everywhere. The place screams romance.
2) It was clean! Like really clean. It may be because I’m exposed to New York City and the Jersey turnpike every day that my clean scale isn’t that high but honestly Paris is one clean, smells good city.
3) The people were SO nice. Shame on you stereotypes!
4) The Eiffel Tower at night is one of the most spectacular things I’ve ever seen.
5) Running in the Luxembourg gardens
6) The Lourve Museum. Many people said don’t bother with the Lourve go to Musee d’Orsay instead but we obviously couldn’t leave Paris without seeing the Mona Lisa and we’re not really museum people to begin with so we went andddd it was really freakin’ cool! From the “medieval Lourve” in the basement to Napoleon’s apartment there were tons of neat things to see.
7) Ladurée and their macarons. Quite possibly the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten, vanilla specifically.
8) St. Germain and The Latin Quarter
9) Fresh, 7am baguettes and chocolate croissants
10) Reims, Epernay (beautiful places) and anything relating to champagne.
We honestly could not have asked for a better 1st anniversary. From getting engaged in Florence, honeymooning in Hawaii, and celebrating our first anniversary in Paris we are really setting the bar higher than high! Our motto has always been- there is no time like the present; go everywhere and see everything and that is what we’re doing (more like run everywhere, see everything for me :-P)
Here are some photos from our trip.